Environmental protection and sustainable production are important constituents of our business philosophy
Our environmental management system is certfied according to DIN ISO 14001 since 2006.
Since 2009, we are a member of Umweltpakt Bayern - a campaign of the Bavarian Ministry of Health and Environmental Affairs.
We buy our environmentally friendly electricity (from 100% renewable sources) from Greenpeace Energy.
In order to keep our consumption of resources and environmental impact as low as possible, we have been implementing a series of measures:
- Use of environmentally friendly, recyclable packaging materials made from renewable resources
- Acquisition of energy-saving machines when possible
- Exclusive use of chlorine-free reprographic paper (TCF)
- Efficient state-of-the-art inverter air conditioning instead of conventional A/C
- Substitution of conventional lamps by more efficient lighting systems (electronic control gear, LEDs)
- Electronic heating control with night setback for reduced heat loss
We take care to keep our IT environmentally friendly as well:
- PVC-free network cables (LSOH sheathed)
- Highly efficient PC and server systems with power supply units certified 80 PLUS-Gold or better
- Preference for LED-illuminated monitors and PVC/bromide-free casings
- Use of virtualization technology
Disused but functioning PCs are re-conditioned and donated to educational or other community institutions.
Additionally, all Kunze heat management products comply with EC directive 2002/95/EG (RoHS) – proof of our commitment to environmental and consumer protection which we see as integral part of our business policy.